Belzona has developed a diverse range of cold-cure composite materials for the repair and protection of material handling equipment. Equipment such as screw conveyors, conveyor belts, slurry pumps, chutes and hoppers can suffer from extreme erosion and abrasion problems. Our solvent-free metal repair composites and polyurethane elastomers for rubber protection offer a rapid and reliable alternative to conventional welding and vulcanization techniques.
Belzona’s flexible rubber repair materials can be used in situ to resurface worn areas of conveyor belts, where durability, elasticity, abrasion resistance and tear resistance are required. They are also commonly used for joining, splicing and rebonding belts and even sealing metallic clips to protect them from corrosion and mechanical damage.
Our abrasion resistant, 2-part metal repair composites are ideal for bonding tiles or plates in chutes, hoppers and pipe elbows, as they will not corrode and will resist a wide range of chemicals.
Belzona’s abrasion resistant linings can be used to protect equipment subject to high levels of wear such as hoppers, chutes and mixer blades. Incorporating ceramic aggregates, these high performance coatings resist deformation and wear, providing long-term abrasion protection. Our materials are easy to mix and apply without the need for any specialist tools and will cure at room temperature, eliminating the need for hot work.
Belzona’s range of repair composites will:
- Resurface worn and damaged conveyor systems
- Join and splice conveyor belts or rebond filler strips in vulcanized joints
- Seal metallic conveyor belt clips and protect them from corrosion and mechanical damage
- Bond and grout tiles and plates
- Provide a protective lining for pipe elbows through bonding and sealing
- Repair rubber linings to prevent against further abrasion damage
- Protect mud and slurry pumps from chemical attack
- Repair and line material handling screw conveyor systems
- Provide positive grip systems to control friction of transfer rollers and grab arms